Unite the Same Trade,
Advance with The Times,
Care for The Society,
Face The World
The Singapore Building Materials Suppliers’ Association was founded in 1929 by several senior members of the association to connect with one another and exchange business information. As most of the building materials operated by its members at that time were timber, it was originally named “Timber Suppliers’ Association”.
Due to the development of The Times, the different kinds of building materials were changing and diversifying with each passing day, so the materials of our trade were no longer limited to wood, but expanded to iron bars, cement, grindstone tiles, bathroom equipment, acoustic panels, etc. In 1965, the Association changed its name from “Fang Suppliers’ Association” to “Singapore Building Materials Suppliers’ Association” to catch the new trend and expand the scope of membership.